We have started testing the drying house on a small scale with the cherries picked by a couple people on coffee tours. It is working beautifully!
International Living Magazine
We were interviewed by the magazine International Living. So, if anyone has a subscription you can read about us in the July 2018 edition.
Besides the regular caterpillars and butterflies right now, we are seeing some very small bugs. The first 2 pictures are of the same bug. It would fit on the tip of a toothpick. The 3rd picture is a spotted bug that would not sit still long enough for me to take a good picture....sigh. The last is just a picture of one of the many butterflies that floats around all day.
1. This is how the girl dog tries to make me jealous at night. She lays her head on my husband's leg and stares at me. She thinks this will make me so jealous that she is with him and I will then beg her to cuddle on my lap. :) Okay, I do let her cuddle most nights.
2. We had to make a new batch of coffee rub for grilling meat. This is what coffee, sugar, chili, paprika, oregano and some other spices look like all mixed together.
3. We have cleaned the outdoor kitchen area up and it is all ready for the next people to come and stay in the Coffee Can. The inside is clean too, but I only had a picture of the outside for this post. :)
Most of the big projects that we wanted to accomplish before this next harvest, are now done. However, there is still a little time to improve things.
1. We have a new, larger de-pulping machine and will be modifying our de-pulping station to accommodate it.
2. There are still a few areas that could use some landscaping fixes.
3. We have decided to relocate our water pump, so it is easier to prime and less noisy.
4. We would still like to make a cabinet under the sink area in the Coffee Can, but we are waiting for inspiration on what we should do....so it might be awhile.
The fun never ends......