I am not going to dwell too much on all of the problems we had getting our stuff, but I will give you a few highlights.
1. It was like having a root canal, except there was no numbing you up first or pain medication after.
2. It was hard to watch some of the cabinets (packed full of items) being dropped or unloaded upside down.
3. The final figure on the import taxes came back with adjustments, and no they were not in our favor.
4. We only lost 2 coffee trees and one of the orange trees received a huge trimming, so the container could be lifted into place.
5. The water pipe that broke after the truck accidentally squished it, is now fixed.
6. All of the items were actually shuttled up before we went to bed on Monday, which did include some heavy rain and unloading in the dark.
7. The container was brought up this afternoon after the ground dried up a little from the heavy rain last night and the truck carrying the container only got stuck for a little while driving up the hill.
Now that our stuff is here, we get to start unpacking. I will confess that while my husband started the unpacking today, I took a nap. The cute puppy picture above is the reason that I did not get any sleep last night.
Talking about puppies...one of the puppies is already house-trained, but Dante has not shown any interest in learning. It turns out that he really likes to sleep, eat or beat up on his sister, but anything else requires human work. Such as a person picking him up and actually placing him outside for a potty break, at which point he will then get comfy and try to fall asleep on the grass. Absolutely zero interest!
My husband and neighbor are making a dog house right now (with a door until they are both house-trained at night,) so tonight might be better. Crossing my fingers!