It has been a wet week!
Panama does not get hurricanes, but when there are hurricanes nearby, we do get unusually wet days. Right now we are in our wet season and rain is expected in the afternoons. When I say rain, it is not the rain like in Oregon where it will drizzle and threaten to be miserable for hours. It is more like an event. Where in Greek mythology it is like a demonstration of the Gods bowling in the skies and each time they get a strike, there is thunder and lightning, and since they are Gods, they never miss...so it is constant. The rain is the sky falling apart from all of the shattering....like I said, an event. This last few days though....it has been more. Less thunder and lightning and more rain. One person I know that lives not too far from us said that her rain gauge filled up 5 inches in the afternoon and when they finally emptied it, it filled up another 1.5 inches. That is in 1 afternoon.
Today the morning is bright and sunny and hopefully we go back to just the regular Greek Mythology rainy season weather. :) I know my grass will appreciate it. It might take a few weeks for the grass to repair itself thought. The new tires on the truck were hard on the soaked grass.
For all of you Firefighter Fashionistas out there....this is what not to wear! When the rain did die down enough at one point, this is what I found my husband wearing doing some outdoor projects. Somehow the biting ants were still active outside, so he was wearing his boots with his shorts.
A couple of updates:
1. Thank you to whoever sent us the magical genie to fix the dryer! 15 minutes after I updated the blog, Rick found the issue and fixed the dryer. So yay!
2. We started Spanish lessons. We are 2 days into our lessons with a wonderful muchacha.
3. The truck is at the mechanic today for Round 2. Crossing my fingers that it goes well.
4. Things are much slower this week now that the visa mad-dash is out of the way, but we only a small window of down time before harvest time is here for this year's coffee.
5. Hopefully, I will get my phone back this week. I left it in the States on my visit and it is in the mail on the way to me. I think this has been the longest that I have gone without a phone in years! I miss using the camera part the most.
Jerry and Janet Griffin
10/5/2016 11:59:20 am
We are enjoying your blog so very much. Hope you keep it up! Love the pictures too. The puppies are adorable. John and Barbara just got a second bouvier. Lucy the three year old bouv is not real happy about it yet. Good idea to get two puppies at the same time. Stay well.
Comments are closed.