Dry Season and Water Issues
The bug this time is a moth. This moth was in the shop in the middle of the day and Hector is pretty sure that this is one of the moths that creates a dust that is a very bad irritant and can send someone to the hospital. It is about 4 inches long and the outer body is almost see-through.
Meet Edgar. I think he has been tormenting our dogs. Lately, the dogs keep barking and searching around for something. I think it could be Edgar, who is not afraid of the dogs. He just hisses and shows them his teeth.
The container - guest house is not done yet. We are still adding on the final touches. Maybe next week. With Rick hunting down water issues we are a little behind schedule. :)
However, it is functional and we already had people stay in it one night. We are now trying to finish everything up before Rick's family comes from the USA to visit us next week. Can't wait!!!!
We framed a few pictures that were taken around the farm to give the walls a little color. :) We have the toucan, a butterfly, Homer the Monkey and coffee cherries. Our $9 decorating budget ended there....
We have been working for months on converting our shipping container into a guest house. I will hopefully be able to show you the before and after pictures in about a week, but we still have a few more items to finish up. :)
However, I am able to show you a preview of our work on the "Bat House." First, you need to appreciate what the Bat House was. It was a 4 stall structure, 2 showers and 2 toilet areas used by workers on the farm. No one has used the structure in years and the local bat population took it over along with some scary bugs. Sometimes we would open a door and a couple of bats would squeak at us and bitterly complain that we were intruding on their home. After we did some work on the outside this year, the bats eventually decided to move out and started bugging Hector for a place to live.
Here is a picture after we started to clean it up and added some new plumbing. The second picture shows how close to done we are!!!! My dry hands and broken fingernails are starting the countdown until they go on strike.
The bathroom stall is almost done too. Today we finished up all of the grout work and made sure the new toilet does not leak. :) This picture was taken before we finished today's work....so it is even nicer now!
Who needs WD-40 when you can get W0-400 at the store????
Rick had me take out his stitches. That was a first for me! I am not so sure that the cut was healed enough, but some super glue and a steri-strip and all was well again!
Then, just as we got Rick taken care of, Hector had a fight with a table saw. His two fingers did not come out of the fight unscathed. :(
I have shown a bug like this before, but this one was on the porch yesterday and I thought of my friend Tambi. She complained that I have not been posting any bug pictures. :)
AND here is the bug that I forgot to post in the last blog. I think he was following Rick around most of a morning while he tried to find his missing white spot. :)
The other night while I was reading in bed, I could not stop admiring the moon shining through the window. The picture is a little blurry, because I did not hold my camera phone still long enough in the low light, but you can still see how pretty it was. :)